Play outdoor tennis

The most modern stadium in Lithuania

1924
The beginning of stadium construction

Steponas Darius and Kestutis Bulota in their engineered proposal hoped for a modern sports field emerging in Azuolynas. Even though the opening celebration was held in September of 1924, construction of the stadium had been continuing up until the end of independence.

1969
Soviet reconstruction of the stadium begins

The wooded stadium tribunes were demolished and replaced with two-story monolithic tribunes made from concrete to accommodate 12,000 spectators. Ticket offices and ornate gates from the interwar period were demolished as well.

1993
The stadium is named by Steponas Darius and Stasys Girenas

After the restoration of independence of Lithuania, the stadium together with an entire sports complex was named by Steponas Darius and Stasys Girenas (In the soviet era, the stadium was called Republican Sports Combine Stadium). In 1988, a modern running track surface was installed, and wooden benches were replaced with plastic seats.

2018
Stadium reconstruction begins

After the reconstruction was completed in 2022, the number of seats grew from 9,500 to 15,000. All tribunes were covered with a roof. A heated field surface was installed to meet the standards of the highest 4th UEFA category.

2024
New beginning

Kaunas city municipality leased the stadium for 15 years to the Kauno Arena company, which manages Kaunas sports hall, Darius and Girenas Tennis Courts, Zalgiris Arena and other sports facilities in Kaunas.

Informuojame, kad siekiant užtikrinti geriausią patirtį lankantis mūsų svetainėje yra naudojami slapukai (angl. cookies). Platesnę informaciją rasite Slapukų politika.